An Internet PersonaSM credential is an anonymous, reusable, managed, virtual, low cost, secure credential that can replace passwords to access not just a single site but multiple Web sites.
- Credential - An myIPSM replaces both a UserID & Password. It combines them both into a single credential.
- Anonymous - The identity in the myIPSM can be anything the Subscriber wants it to be - their real name, a short name or a pseudonym.
- Reusable - A single myIPSM can be used across multiple Web sites securely without any issue or risk.
- Managed - myIPSM credentials are actively managed by either the Subscriber or their sponsor. A Subscriber can see all their logon activity and revoke and replace their myIPSM as needed. Businesses sponsor credentials for their employees and manage them on their behalf - including revoking them when the employee leaves the firm.
- Low Cost - myIPSM are a low cost solution to the problems with passwords.
- Virtual - myIPSM are virtual and reside on the computer, mobile phone or tablet used by the Subscriber. They can also roam within a secure corporate environment.
- Secure - myIPSM credentials are hard to steal, hard to share, used from a trusted computer and combat phishing. Can't be much more secure than that.